1. Go to SSLTrust website
2. Login to Dashboard
3. Click Services (1)
4. Click Manage Button
5. Click Generate Now
6. Login to cPanel on GoDaddy Host
7. Go to SSL/TLS
8. Under Cerificate Signing Requests (CSR) click on link to create a new CSR
Key*: Generate a new 2,048 bit key
Domains*: add *.domainname and domainname one per line
City: Enter as required
State: Enter state
Country: Enter Country
Company: Enter as required
Email: e-mail address to verify certificate. Normally same address used for GoDaddy host login.
Passphrase: Optional. Set but don’t use something similar to your current passwords.
9. Copy “Encoded Certificate Signing Request“
10. Make sure all contents are copied including “—BEGIN & END CERTIFICATE REQUEST—
11. Back to Managed Product
12. Paste contents in the Server information under CSR
13. Select Your Web Server – Select RedHat Linux…this might be different depending on what plan you have with GoDaddy
14. Select Signature Algorithm and choose SHA2
15. Site Administrator Information – Enter as required
16. Technical Contact Information – Tick “Same as administrator contact”. Make sure “Title” is entered
17. Click Continue
Generate SSL Certificate Page
Authentication method set to HTTP
E-mail address select firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Download Authfile button once completed generation of SSL.
GoDaddy cPanel File Manager
- Open File Manager App under cPanel
- Browse to \public_html\.well-known\pki-validation\
- Upload authfile.txt
Check / Verify status of auth file visiting
E-mail received from RapidSSL and instructions sent how to install Certificate.
Install SSL Certificate to cPanel / GoDaddy
1. Under cPanel go to SSL/TLS
2. Under Install and Manage SSL for your site (HTTPS)
3. Select domain that has domainname
4. Under CRT enter the code from the e-mail
5. Under Certificate Authority Bundle: (CABUNDLE) enter “Intermidiate CA” code from e-mail.
NOTE: Make sure to include –BEGIN CERTIFICATE and –END CERTIFICATE.
6. Under Private Key obtain from SSL/TLS view private keys then edit and copy the Private Key code.
7. Enter Private Key Code in Private Key (KEY) section
8. Click Install Certificate Button
Click on SSL/TLS status in cPanel and confirmed SSL certificate installed.